Monday, October 20, 2008

I will be a Homemaker!

So a couple of weeks ago I was talking with Brett about how I couldn't wait for the babies to be born so I could be more of a homemaker. I do try, but it is so hard when you work full time to come home after 5 p.m. and make an eleborate meal (especially being pregnant with all the smells). Anyways, he told me that I don't have an inner homemaker, it's just not me. I was kind of hurt, because I have always tried my hardest to be the best wife and homemaker with the time I had available. So I was determined to prove to him that I could be a homemaker.

Sundays are usually a very lazy day around the Hansen house. Lots of catch up on t.v. and movies. Anyways, when we got home from church and finished our lunch, equipped with my apron, I set out on an adventure. I have always had a hard time with my pie crusts; I can never get them to stay whole while transfering them to the pie dish. So I took a pie making class from church and got some recipes.

I am happy to announce I successfully made a pumpkin pie and an apple pie with the top and all with a perfect transfer for each pie. And they actually turned out very good and pretty. Brett apoligized for his comment, which he didn't even remember making in the first place, and said that I make an excellent homemaker and he loved my pies.

7 comments:

Mandy Jarvis said...

Its always a work in progress! You'll find things you love about being a homemaker and things you don't... embrace the things you love and allow the others to go it only makes things more difficult! Such as the fact that you are going to be the BEST mother! Irregardless of how elaborate your meals are... and elaborate meals will only be overlooked when there's pb&j to be had... or mac'n' cheese despite your best efforts!

hil said...

i was just thinking today, Tami, about the time you made ham for Brett back at ricks before you two were even engaged. you were so surprised that it turned out so well and you said, "you can make anything if you stick to the recipe." that has been in my mind ever since and when i feel down on my homemaking skills (which are pathetic, at best) and am discouraged by my disabilities, i remember that i can make anything if i just stick to the recipe. is your home comfy? do you love to be there? then you are a great homemaker and the pies are just a bonus.

Rachel said...

I can completely relate so you're not the only one ;) You'll be a domestic diva before you know it. By the way, I can't wait to find out what you're having! Hope you're feeling good or at least better.

Alli said...

Pie crusts?! I have never been successful with that. Consider me very impressed.

Lucidity said...

Awe thats so sweet....pumpkin pie always reminds me of Thanksgivings at Grandma and Grandpas house when we were little. I still remeber the smells and the warmth from the oven as you walked in. And I always felt special because Grandma let me have extra whipped cream....mmmmm

Becca said...

It takes time & a lot of effort to feel like you are a successful homemaker! I've yet to feel that :) & you are so right...getting home late DOES NOT help!

I should have paid more attention all the summers I spent at G & G Hansen's...she is a great teacher! My husband has made the same comment to me about not having an "inner Homemaker"...he's never apologized though, so nice save Brett!

Here's to many happy homemaking days ahead...

Here's to

Mamma Mia said...

Way to go!!! I have always been horrible with pie crust. I have turned over a new leaf though, and just pulled out a beautiful pecan pie out of my oven. Hurrah!