Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Brett!




Brett just celebrated his 28th Birthday this last weekend, in Paradise nonetheless. Yes, that is right; Samantha and I surprised our husbands with an 11-day trip to Hawaii. We spent a couple of days in Oahu, but the majority of our time was spent in Kauai. I could never have imagined more majestic sites. We did it all! We have been planning the trip since last December, so there was plenty of time to plan a dream vacation. We went kayaking, sailing, hiking, snorkeling, body surfing, romantic walks on the beach and to end it all, a helicopter ride around the island on Brett’s birthday.

It was so great to get away, especially in the middle of my six-week crane trial. Brett was shocked with the surprise, but said that he was glad that it was a surprise otherwise he would have never taken the time to go.

I want to give a little tribute to my best friend:

The day you were born was the day my mother saw my first smile. I always knew you were out there for me, and am glad that we found each other so early on in our lives. You are more than I could ever ask for in a friend and partner. Thank you for our wonderful time together, and I look forward to our many years together in the future.

I LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Brett!!

Becca said...

I'm terrible at remembering birthdays!! Happy B-day to a wonderful cuz...Ang, B.A. & I were just talking about our fun summers together at G & G Hansen's! Ask Brett about "the blob"! hehe

Mandy Jarvis said...

I wish I would've known we lived in Hawaii and could've hooked you up with some deals! Next time!

Ryan's Ramblings said...

Looks like it was a great success!

Alli said...

WOW! Tami, you are the best gift giver! What a beautiful memory you guys will have (and pictures). And Happy Belated Birthday, Brett!
Allison