Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Adoption

Yes we have been married for six years and do not have kids. We have not really talked much to anyone about our dirty little secret, as we like to call it, because we feel like that is kind of what it is. But I went to an adoption class a few weeks ago, and they said the best way to start your family is to network with your family and friends, meaning tell everyone you know that you want to adopt, because it is a long process and if you know someone who knows someone who is giving a baby up for adoption it will be better for both you and the birth mother to know to whom the baby is going and from where it came. I actually just saw a movie where a lady found a baby to adopt from an unorthodox location (The Penny Saver - the movie was Juno for those who have seen it, know what I am talking about) and it worked out great for her. So we are going to put ourselves out there, not that we want people to know our problems, but we have tried the conventional and not so conventional way of starting our family and it hasn't been working all that great. After years of prodding and poking, we want to start our family by any means possible. Thus, we ask you to keep your ears and eyes open for any possibilities, and thank you in advance for your help.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I have been vaguely aware of your "secret" for awhile & it has made me sad for you :( Things will work out, though I know that's the last thing you want to hear :) We started the adoption process before I got pregnant with Bricklyn & then whala...good luck & we will keep you in our prayers & keep our ears open!

Mandy Jarvis said...

I have a friend that sent me business cards about her and her husband adopting. She just asked us to print it out and pass them on... might work for you also! I just know your baby is waiting for you Tami! I just know it!
Something they didn't cover in the class that I was thinking about was international; Daniel worked at an orphanage in Japan that we've always wanted to adopt from. I'm guessing you and Brett may have some international "connections".

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

I don't think your dirty little secret is at all dirty, nor is it a secret. A Mormon couple has been married for 6 years and doesn't have 5 kids? I have a friend who went through this last year, and now they have the cutest baby boy! They networked like you guys are doing. I'll have to ask where they adopted him and give you the scoop. Love you guys!

Samantha said...

I just wanted to let you know how amazing I think you and Brett are. Love you guys!